Sunday, July 18, 2010

Skeleton Key Necklaces






Skeleton keys... so intriguing.

I once bought some on ebay from a small town jail in Ohio who boasted that John Dillinger was once in their jail. They were filthy dirty when I bought them, but thanks to some good old soap and water... and a little rust remover on some of them... they are good as new and make great pendants on these necklaces.

Ok, so some high-profile jewelry companies have used keys as pendants, but theirs are not "original" vintage skeleton keys... and possibly even used by a sheriff to jail John Dillinger??? How's THAT for history?!

I think that's what I love about vintage items... it's the history of all of it. Who once used this key and how old is it and what was it used for? For me... that's what makes skeleton keys so intriguing.

1 comment:

  1. that does make the skeleton key so much more appealing. it has true history. love it!

    i follow your blog now; feel free to check out my blog and follow it too.

    http://cherylclarke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete